10/8/17

Finally Fall Book Tag


Emmie @ Tea With Mermaids tagged me to this Fall Book tag thing, so here it is! Let's get cozy and stuff since that seems to be the theme here a lot. The tag was originally created by Tall Tales on Youtube.



In fall, the air is crisp and clear: name a book with a vivid setting

Kushiel's Dart by Jacqueline Carey has some serious world building going on. I need to continue that series one day, I really loved that book.


Nature is beautiful… but also dying: name a book that is beautifully written, but also deals with a heavy topic like loss or grief

Nothing heavier than the Outlander books honestly. Dragonfly in Amber especially is pretty rough at times but the writing is beautiful.


Fall is back to school season: share a non-fiction book that taught you something new

I really don't read a lot of non-fiction so this is a difficult one. I uh.. Learned a lot about Felicia Day from her book You're Never Weird on the Internet? All the stuff about her web show The Guild was really interesting though because they started out with basically a non-existing budget and everything.


In order to keep warm, it’s good to spend some time with the people we love: name a fictional family/household/friend-group that you’d like to be a part of

Am I too old to go to Hogwarts? Because I wanna go there.


The colourful leaves are piling up on the ground: show us a pile of fall-colored spines



Fall is the perfect time for some storytelling by the fireside: share a book wherein somebody is telling a story

The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco! The whole book is basically Tea telling her own story to someone else.


The nights are getting darker: share a dark, creepy read

Scary books are something I shy away from but I'd really like to read The Girl from the Well by Rin Chupeco since I loved Bone Witch so much.


The days are getting colder: name a short, heartwarming read that could warm up somebody’s cold and rainy day

This may be a bit on the silly side but I read My Big Fake Irish Life by Caitlin McKenna like a year ago and enjoyed it a lot because it was a nice quick happy read.


Fall returns every year: name an old favourite that you’d like to return to soon

I've been thinking about rereading the Philosopher's Stone at some point since I got the Ravenclaw version of the 20th anniversary edition this summer. I've only read Harry Potter in Finnish (except for Deathly Hallows because I couldn't wait for a translation) so would be interesting to read the whole series in the original language one day.


Fall is the perfect time for cozy reading nights: share your favourite cozy reading “accessories”

I mostly read in bed so... My blanket? I have like three different blankets on the couch too though and recently bought a comfy blue poncho as well so I will never be cold no matter where I read (and will definitely be so comfy I'll fall asleep after two pages).


Spread the autumn appreciation and tag some people

I can't think of anyone who hasn't been tagged to this already so just do this if you feel like it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment